Halloween Word Cards is a set of nineteen printable Halloween-themed word cards. The set also includes a page of blank cards for you to add your own.
Print and laminate the cards and display in your classroom as a reference for Halloween writing.
- Use in activities that require children to arrange words in alphabetical order.
- Allocate random work partners: Print two copies. Distribute pairs of words and have children find their partner.
- Make lists of words that rhyme with some of the Halloween words and compose rhyming sentences and stories.
- Order the words according to the number of letters or syllables.
- Use the words to discuss spelling patterns; for example, witch, catch, blotch.
- Discuss singular and plural forms of the words.
While it is not expected of them, children often learn to recognise these words quickly as the topic is one of high interest. Using the word cards in activities such as these supports their learning.