Easter Word Cards is a set of fourteen printable Easter-themed word cards. The set also includes two blank cards for you to add your own words.
Print and laminate the cards and display in your classroom as a reference for Easter writing.
- Use in activities that require children to arrange words in alphabetical order.
- Allocate random work partners: Print two copies. Distribute pairs of words and have children find their partner.
- Make lists of words that rhyme with some of the Easter words and compose rhyming sentences and stories.
- Order the words according to the number of letters or syllables.
- Use the words to discuss spelling patterns; for example, ‘y’ on the end as in bunny, bilby, candy.
- Discuss singular and plural forms of the words.
While it is not expected of them, children often learn to recognise these words quickly as the topic is one of high interest. Using the word cards in activities such as these supports their learning.