Let’s get them writing – Five suggestions for teaching writing in the early years
Literacy | Writing
Let’s get them writing suggests five different strategies which can be employed to get children writing in the early years.
The strategies include:
- Class news – transforming the show and tell session into a focussed literacy teaching episode,
- Diary writing – giving children a purpose for writing through written conversations with the teacher,
- Transforming sentences – targeting sentence structure and adding interest to writing,
- Caption books – easy repetitive texts to get children started – great for photo books,
- Innovating on poems and songs – building on familiar structures to create original works.
This product is available to subscribers. Please log in or subscribe to access this resource.
Log in Subscribe