Getting to know you surveys
Beginning of the year | Getting to know each other
Getting to know you surveys are a great way for teachers and children to get to know each other at the beginning of the year, and support the establishment of a welcoming, supportive environment in which individuals are respected and appreciated. Topics to survey are limited only by your imagination. With the incidental development of literacy and mathematical skills, they make an all-round great introduction to school.
This document includes suggestions for five different surveys to get you started:
- What is your favourite colour?
- How old are you?
- How many letters are in your name?
- How many teeth have you lost?
- How many people are in your family?
- Survey questions to print and display
- Suggestions for conducting the surveys
- Additional pages for data collection