Games for maths groups #1
Mathematics | Games
Games for maths groups #1 provides suggestions for games that help incorporate fun with learning into your maths program.
These games can be played by two or more children and are great for maths groups. Some games can be played independently once children know how to play. Others will work best with adult supervision if available.
This free resource has instructions for playing five fun maths games:
- Challenge – comparing numbers to ten
- Bean bag toss – combinations for ten
- Fill the bucket – empty the bucket – adding and subtracting to ten
- Ten pins – combinations for ten
- Close ball – estimating and measuring length
Instructions for each game are presented on a one-page poster that is suitable for laminating and providing to adult helpers for ease of implementation.